The Federal Government has issued a directive that all sim registrations be linked with a National Identification Number (NIN).
All customers without a NIN are advised to visit a NIN enrolment centre to apply and get a NIN.
All network providers has been issued a notice to disconnect/block any line not yet linked to NIN by December 31st 2020.
With this new development, all network providers have started bringing up ways to make this exercise less stressful for customers.
So below we will show you how to link your NIN to all your numbers if you already have yours already.
To link your NIN to your Airtel line follow the following steps;
1. Dial *121#
2. Select option 1 (Which is NIN capture)
3. Enter your 11 digit NIN number and okay, that's it.. you'll receive a message shortly on your submission being validated.
For Mtn Users:
Mtn introduced various ways of sound this.
1. By using the USSD code *785#
2. By filling this online form.. https://mtnonline.com/nim/
3. Lastly, with the MYMTN mobile app you can still submit your NIN for verification.
For 9mobile Users:
To link your NIN to your 9mobile number, simply dial *200*8#
For Glo Users, the only way now is to visit the nearest glo office.