|Requirements for Nigerian International Passport|
To travel out of Nigeria, you need a valid international passport. You can apply for your passport online at the website of the Nigeria Immigration Service or apply at the Passport Office near you.
The online application process is straightforward and easy to understand. If you’re outside of Nigeria, you can apply online or at your nearest Embassy /Consulate.
Avoid delays and unnecessary stress by applying well in advance before your intended travel date. Take note that you require this passport to apply for a visa. So, planning ahead is important.
Applicant to appear in person at the passport office for biometric and image acquisition.
If you reside in Nigeria and have a registered National Identity Card, it will be easier. Visit any Passport Office and fill in the application form. Pay the passport fee and follow all procedures.
Requirements for Fresh Passports:
1. 2 recent passport photographs
2. Birth certificate or age declaration
3. Certificate of indigene-ship or State of origin
4. A Guarantor with a valid International Passport & a valid ID card.
5. Guarantor’s passport photograph.
6. Passport Application Fee
Questions to fill out for a Fresh Passport:
3. First name:
4. Middle name:
5. Date of birth:
6. Place of birth:
8. Residential address:
9. State of origin:
11. LGA of origin:
12. Permanent home address:
14. Phone no.:
15. Marital status:
17. Next of kin name:
18. Relationship with next of kin:
19. Address of next of kin:
20. Phone number:
Requirements for Renewal:
1. 2 recent passport photographs (preferably white background)
2. Expired Int’l Passport or about to be expired (6 months)
3. Photocopy of the data page
4. Application letter for renewal of the expired international passport
5. Fee for Renewal (it is the same fee as a new passport)
1. Report a case of Loss at the nearest police station
2. Obtain an Affidavit of Loss at the High Court
3. Take these documents with you to the Passport office
4. Have all the particulars and information of the loss passport.
The requirements for Renewal or Re-issuance of Passport:
1. Passport Application form to be completed online
2. Payment Slip
3. Acknowledgement Slip
4. Expired Nigerian Passport
5. Photocopy of Applicant’s data page of Nigerian Passport
6. Two current passport-size photographs preferably with white background
7. For applicants between the ages of 0-17, Read up the additional requirements for minors.
*Applicant to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition.
Requirements For Persons Under The Age Of 18:
Applicants under the age of 18 (eighteen) are required to provide the following:
1. A Completed application form
2. Copy of birth certificate
3. Letter of Consent jointly signed by both parents
4. Photocopies of both parents’ passports data page. One of the passport data pages must be a Nigerian Passport.
5. Payment Slip
6. Acknowledgment Slip
7. Child’s current two passport-size photographs preferably with white background.
*Applicant to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition
PS: Always make a photocopy of your international passport and keep away. Or scan a copy and save it in your e-files.
This will help you retrieve the information in the case of a missing or lost passport.
Your Travel Awareness Starts HERE.
Credit: © Stella Owala, 2020.
Do you find Naijamp3tv useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!